As you may have noticed we are having our sewers cleaned. This is done under high pressure and may occasionally blow water through residents sewer leads. It is advised to keep your toilet lids closed and basement drains covered. This will help in preventing unwanted messes. We expect the job to be completely done by February 9th, 2018.
The Village of Shelby provides
a staffed Police Department,
a Department of Public Works,
a Clerk and a Treasurer.
The Council Members
include seven Shelby residents.
The main office is in the downtown district.
- Shelby, Michigan 49455 is located in West Michigan, in Oceana County.
- Just minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Our small community (just under 2,000) offers friendly people, restaurants, grocery, local bank, a library, hospital, great school system and much more.
- This is a peek through our windows all year round – No exaggeration!
- We are surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery that the State of Michigan offers –
- Sweeping dunes, the beautiful Lake Michigan, many inland lakes, orchards and fields abound. There’s beauty every where you turn.
- Spring brings the breathtaking beauty of the fruit trees dotting the landscape.
- Summer delights us with warm weather with the dunes and Lake Michigan only 7 miles west!
- Fall is spectacular with the plenty of hardwoods and fruit orchards turning color. Kids kick through the leaves on their way to school.
- Winters are like you remember as a kid. Snowfall is generally above average. You will need a shovel!
- We hope you enjoy the website and that you can visit Shelby sometime. Maybe even build your business and live here!