The Village of Shelby provides
a staffed Police Department,
a Department of Public Works,
a Clerk and a Treasurer.
The Council Members
include seven Shelby residents.
The main office is in the downtown district.
- Shelby, Michigan 49455 is located in West Michigan, in Oceana County.
- Just minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Our small community (just under 2,000) offers friendly people, restaurants, grocery, local bank, a library, hospital, great school system and much more.
- This is a peek through our windows all year round – No exaggeration!
- We are surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery that the State of Michigan offers –
- Sweeping dunes, the beautiful Lake Michigan, many inland lakes, orchards and fields abound. There’s beauty every where you turn.
- Spring brings the breathtaking beauty of the fruit trees dotting the landscape.
- Summer delights us with warm weather with the dunes and Lake Michigan only 7 miles west!
- Fall is spectacular with the plenty of hardwoods and fruit orchards turning color. Kids kick through the leaves on their way to school.
- Winters are like you remember as a kid. Snowfall is generally above average. You will need a shovel!
- We hope you enjoy the website and that you can visit Shelby sometime. Maybe even build your business and live here!