The Village of Shelby provides
a staffed Police Department,
a Department of Public Works,
a Clerk and a Treasurer.
The Council Members
include seven Shelby residents.
The main office is in the downtown district.
- Shelby, Michigan 49455 is located in West Michigan, in Oceana County.
- Just minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Our small community (just under 2,000) offers friendly people, restaurants, grocery, local bank, a library, hospital, great school system and much more.
- This is a peek through our windows all year round – No exaggeration!
- We are surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery that the State of Michigan offers –
- Sweeping dunes, the beautiful Lake Michigan, many inland lakes, orchards and fields abound. There’s beauty every where you turn.
- Spring brings the breathtaking beauty of the fruit trees dotting the landscape.
- Summer delights us with warm weather with the dunes and Lake Michigan only 7 miles west!
- Fall is spectacular with the plenty of hardwoods and fruit orchards turning color. Kids kick through the leaves on their way to school.
- Winters are like you remember as a kid. Snowfall is generally above average. You will need a shovel!
- We hope you enjoy the website and that you can visit Shelby sometime. Maybe even build your business and live here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Pay your water bill or taxes online. Please visit:
- Pay your water bill in person, online, leave after hours in the dropbox in our office foyer, or mail in a check to:
Village of Shelby
218 N. Michigan Ave.
Shelby, MI 49455
- We also take bank auto checking monthly payments. Please see the form here. There is no extra cost have this setup.
- Credit cards accepted, with an additional 3% service fee added to the bottom line.
- Pay your water bill online at https://www.accessmygov.com/?uid=2175
IF your payment is before or on the due date:
- Make a payment at the office during business hours.
- Make a payment using the dropbox located in the foyer of the office after hours.
- Make a payment online at https://www.accessmygov.com/?uid=2175
IF your payment is after the due date:
- Please take your notice and payment to the Oceana County Treasurer at the Oceana County Government Building, located at 100 S. State Street, Hart, MI
We are open Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm